As believers of living a healthy lifestyle all year round, we at DPK have mixed feelings when it comes to New Years Resolutions. We don’t believe that you should wait for a specific day to make a change, but we DO believe that the beginning of the year is a great time to reflect and reset looking at the year ahead.
With reflection, sometimes a little kick in the ass is needed and we need to face what it is that we really want to achieve. If the term “resolution” scares you or makes you nervous, try setting actionable goals, that just happen to start in the new year ;)
When it comes to making New Years GOALS, here are a few tips:
1. GET CLEAR - instead of saying “get healthy in 2019,” define HOW you will do this by narrowing down your goal to something simple and measurable to focus on. Examples of this will be working out 3x a week, sleeping 8 hours a night, eating 4 serving of fruits and veggies a day, etc.
2. WRITE & SPEAK YOUR GOAL - Write down your goal in a journal, speak you goal to a friend, these physical and verbal actions will help you better commit to your goal. Have friends who want to get in on the fun? Text each other about your goals and commit together!
3. BE REALISTIC - We’re all about chasing dreams over here at DPK, but lets break those dreams down into multiple steps and focus on one step at a time. This will not only make things seem less overwhelming, but small victories build confidence in a major way.
4. BE PATIENT - When things don’t go our way right away, it is easy to throw in the towel than to hang on through the ups and downs. Life happens, and as long as you have a solid plan you can revert back to should you get off track, you will continue to move forward.
5. JOIN THE DPK CHALLENGE! Our 90 Days to a New You New Years Resolution DPK Challenge is the perfect way for you to commit to yourself all with a little extra motivation involved! With prizes ranging from $250-$1,000, you could complete this 90 day challenge with more than a rocking bod and refreshed mindset.
Remember how we talked about getting granular with your goals and creating a plan of how you will reach your goals? If your goal or resolution is to eat healthier, lose weight, get fit, etc. you are well aware your diet is one of the most important parts of the equation. Partaking in the challenge, you are required to order from DPK at least 4x per month with a minimum average order size of $75 per order.
Vocalizing your goals? Whats up, Instagram! Each week, you must post to Instagram once a week using the hashtag #DPKChallenge and mention what week of the challenge you are in. Don’t have Instagram? We still want you to get in on this accountability! Send us a weekly photo holding a piece of paper showing which week you are in.
Okay okay so this all sounds fantastic right? Right. Here are some final details!
Start Date: Monday, January 14th, 2019
End Date: Tuesday, April 14th, 2019
- Participants must upload starting photos BEFORE January 14th. All entry photos must be holding a piece of paper that reads, “DPK CHALLENGE” and the date of the photo.
- Attire: tight clothes or swim wear, along with the following stats at the beginning and end of the contest (height, weight, was it measurement).
- Best transformation wins! This will be based on visible improvement in body composition.
- Open to anyone 18 years and older
ADDED BONUS: Challenge members get special on our 12 week Nutrition Plan ($299)
All those who sign up for the Nutrition Plan will receive 15% off your food!
Not interested in the Nutrition Plan? Have no fear! You will still receive 10% off your food by taking part in the challenge.
SIGN UP HERE TODAY >>> www.dallasprepkitchen.com/pages/90-day-challenge